New for 2014
Now More Than Ever!
What’s New in Education for the 2014 International Builders’ Show?
The NAHB International Builders’ Show® (IBS) is again enhancing its education programs to meet the growing needs of building professionals. The 2014 education enhancements focus not only on what attendees learn in terms of content, but also how this information is delivered. Attendees can expect a variety of new session formats, technology upgrades in many of the education rooms, a variety of interactive architectural and design plan reviews, and more hands-on demonstrations both on and off the show floor, all aimed at further improving the learning experience.
Here is an overview of the new and improved Builders’ Show educational lineup:
- Building Knowledge Sessions Revamped. With approximately 100 sessions available, attendees will have the opportunity to build their knowledge on a variety of industry-specific topics. Session length has been reduced from 90 to 60 minutes, yet attendees can still expect to get in-depth, innovative and concise programs. Areas covered in these sessions include sales, marketing, design, business management, technology, high performance building and more.
- 80+ New Speakers. There will be many new and informative programs this year, as over 80 new session speakers are being featured at IBS. They will provide fresh content, informative concepts and plenty of actionable items that attendees can implement immediately.
- New Formats. This year, attendees can expect a variety of session formats, such as case studies, debates, demonstrations, individual speakers, lightning rounds, town halls and even talk show formats.
- Spotlight Sessions. These sessions are sure to be show-stoppers. They will feature leading industry experts and discuss emerging trends for the coming year including the latest in design, color and kitchen enhancements. Among the dynamic spotlight speakers will be the VP of Community at Houzz, the fast-growing online platform that is changing the way consumers design, build and remodel their homes.
- A Unique Experience – The Tech Hub. This is the place where technology flourishes. The hub will be equipped with advanced technology and will be fully wired so attendees can plug-in and participate in the sessions using their laptops and mobile devices for a complete interactive experience. Tech-heavy topics such as social media, online business management tools and mobile marketing will be covered in the Tech Hub.
- Expansion of Exhibitor Floor Forums. Back by popular demand, attendees don’t have to leave the Show floor for these educational opportunities. Exhibiting companies will offer NAHB-approved education sessions in their booths throughout the Show; these interactive forums will last between 20-60 minutes and qualify as continuing education (CE) for all those who hold NAHB professional designations. New in 2014, participating companies will also be offering some technology-focused Forums in the Tech Hub.
- High Performance Building Zone. To further the education offered in the exhibit hall, the show will add a “technique demonstration stage” in 2014. This area will be known as the High Performance Building Zone and will feature top building science experts leading a series of live, interactive construction demonstrations showcasing the latest methods, tips and tricks used in high performance building. Demonstrations will range from 19.2-inch and 24-inch on center framing techniques to advanced flashing and air sealing methods.
- More Information-Packed Master Sessions. The number of Master sessions offered has increased from 3 to 5 and have been restructured from full-day programs to half days. Attendees can still expect these sessions to dig deeper into specific industry topics, but this change allows them to take advantage of more IBS activities each day.
- Lumber & Building Material Sessions. For the first time in recent history, IBS is offering content specific for building material distributors and suppliers. Sessions will cover hot topics such as supplier services and OSHA crane regulations.
Check out the details on all of the education and events happening at the 2014 IBS!